Heart Attack Numbers has More than 17 million lives are claimed a year because of heart attacks. Reducing its occurrence depends on how patients live their lifestyle. These are just few of the numbers:
- Thirty minutes. Set aside thirty minutes for walking every day. It stimulates proper heart muscle contraction and improves blood circulation.
- 110/70-120/80. The normal value of blood pressure. Make sure you maintain this range. Although researches might say that 120/80 is sign of pre-hypertension.
- 1 ounce of nuts every day. Nuts are great sources of protein and fiber which helps in controlling blood sugar levels. Sugar when not carried into the cells creates plaque inside the blood vessels resulting to narrowed blood passageway increasing blood pressure.
- LDL level of 50. LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein) is the good fat that allows the transportation of cholesterol to the cells. Cholesterol needs to be inside the cell for generating energy and like sugar when they are increased in the blood stream causes plaque.
- 10 table spoons of Tomato sauce a week. Tomatoes are high in lycopene.
- A half glass of wine every day. Wine has a stimulating effect that when use in moderation keeps the heart contracting
- 2 mg of salt. “Where salt goes, water follows.” An increase of salt in the diet causes edema (retention of water inside the body). Edema is never good for a person with heart disease because it increases the workload of the heart which can cause its exhaustion, weakening the heart.
- BMI of 19-24.9. This is the healthy weight range. More the range imposes a greater health risk of acquiring diabetes, high levels of fat in the blood which causes the slow circulation of blood.
- 6-8 hours of sleep. Researchers say that people who are prone to having less sleep tends to become moody and increase stress levels. As a common factor and mostly the cause of any disease, stress has to be avoided by all means.