Throughout human history plants have played a significant role in medicinal purpose and still many are unknown about the miraculous effects of medicinal plant used commonly in their day to day life. Here is a list of 5 most common medicinal plants:
- Garlic: A known plant, commonly used for culinary purpose, is loaded with medicinal benefits. Garlic supplements helps in cardiovascular benefits by reducing accumulation of cholesterol on the vascular walls. It regulates blood sugar level, fights common cold and coughs and boost’s body immune system.
- Ginger: Another commonly found household spice works wonder for cancer treatment in chemotherapy. It is best known to cure digestive problems. It helps in cough and cold, nausea and regulating cholesterol level to some extent. It is used in tea which acts as a flavoring ingredient as well as improves immune system of the body.
- Neem: It is one of the oldest plants used for innumerable purpose from culinary, antibacterial to medicinal. It acts as an antifungal, antifungal, sedative and many more. It is used by diabetic patients, helps in curing skin problems like eczema. Neem in form of oil is used to cure hair problems, regulates blood sugar level, improves liver function and detoxifies blood.
- Amla: Also known as Indian gooseberry is an edible fruit full of medicinal benefits. It has high antioxidant and antimicrobial qualities. It reduces cholesterol level and balances blood sugar level. It is helpful in cancer, inflammation and d diabetes. Amla plays an important role in repairing pancreas after an acute attack.
- Peppermint: Peppermint, a hybrid mint, has been used for ailing many diseases. It is used for improving digestion, treats abdominal pain, nausea and bloating. Due to its cooling effect it helps to calm anxiety and headaches. Due to its numbing effect it is used in toothpaste. It acts as a flavoring ingredient in tea and thus helps in soothing. It has a mystic essence and thus used in aromatic therapy.